Sunday, January 29, 2012

Holiday Party and Zurich

So Gabe left for Florida on November 30 as he had to be back down here for work, and I was leaving on the 3rd so it was going to be the first time ever we have both traveled for work the same time. We always said we wouldn't do that but this time we didn't have any choice. It was the longest time ever we have been apart. Thank goodness for our wonderful au pair, my sister and my mother in law as they all took such amazing care of my boys!!!

On the 3rd, Caroline went with me and the boys to the kids holiday party for my job. The boys LOVE going to this every year. They go all out with the food, crafts, face painters, balloon makers, a cookie stand where you can decorate your own cookie, a caricature artist (we do this every year and have them from when they were born, TOO CUTE!!!) and most importantly Santa Claus. We have the BEST Santa that comes to the office, takes pictures and talks to the kids and all for free...doesn't get better than that when you don't have to wait in line at the mall :)

Landon was all about Santa this year and couldn't wait to tell him what he wanted...Dylan on the other hand just wanted presents but wanted nothing at all to do with Santa :)

Priceless!!!
Here is a cute one of Dylan and Aunt Cee Cee!


After the party was over, we rushed home to spend some time together before my car came and picked me up for my trip. Poppa (my dad) came over to see me before I left and Landon had a ball with him making a giant play-doh pizza. It was so big we couldn't even roll it (I think it had 10 small jars in it), so Landon resorted to his feet!

And yes, this is the same table we ate off of!
My car came, I hugged and kissed my boys and I was off. I do enjoys my trips even though I work a ton because I see one of my closest work friends who lives in London...it is like summer camp every 3 months. The flight was great, I SLEPT THE WHOLE 10 HOURS... UNINTERRUPTED!!! It was so nice.

Zurich was beautiful but not what I expected. I was there in December ans there was not an ounce of snow on the ground but it was beautiful...and the most expensive place I have ever been to! We stayed at an amazing hotel (it is the same hotel filmed in The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo) which has the most bizarre artwork. It could be offense to some but we took pictures of all of it because it was so out there!

NOTE - The pictures are worth it but it is a large download. You can open one pic and then scroll to the right. The last 2 pics are of the hotel and our car for the week...needless to say, we didn't suffer :)

While I was there I was able to sneak away one night and have dinner with our previous au pair, Jacqueline. It was so great to see her and catch up and I am grateful that I am given these opportunities to travel and see such amazing places and see wonderful friends!

After 8 very long days away, I decided to head home one day early...I didn't care the flight was direct...I was going home to see my family. I hopped a flight and got home around 11 pm on Friday night. I surprised Gabe since I didn't tell him I was coming home early...the look on his face and my boys the next morning was well worth the jet lag :)

No comments:

Post a Comment