Sunday, January 22, 2012

Thanksgiving!!!

After I got back from Tampa, it was back to crazy town :) I had one week of insane work followed by Thanksgiving followed by my work trip to Zurich!

Work is always nuts but I always know before my big trips that the 2 weeks before that are beyond busy and call for very late nights of work. At least I know it in advance!

So I was back, full speed ahead! Somehow this work trip I was ahead of the game and it wasn't as insane as it usually is which was a nice thing. I was able to get home at a decent time, spend time with the boys and see friends before the holidays started.

We decided that since it was going to be our last year in our house that we wanted to host Thanksgiving. It turned out great! We always do a pot luck with us fixing the same stuff every year...we know what we are good at making. My mom always makes her famous sweet potatoes, Caroline makes her banging Mac n' Cheese and I always make my Caramel Apple Pie. Of course we have a few other things but those are our most important staples :) Dyann (my mother in law) went to see her Dad for the holiday so we missed her and her turkey...which meant it was up to me and Gabe to make the bird.  Now for those of you that don't know we too well, you need to know that I DO NOT do well with any sort of raw meat. Of course, the bird had been thawed and it was time to pull the gizzards and giblets out...and of course, Gabe was out of town. People would have paid money to see me gagging and dry heaving while pulling these objects out of this bird...I mean seriously, it is beyond gross!!! But, I did it!

Thanksgiving was a huge success! We all enjoyed each other and had a blast! The only picture we got was the one my mom used for her Christmas card. We always take her holiday card picture on Thanksgiving day since we all look nice and are together. Thanks goodness for my amazing au pair who took the picture...She is super talented!

Really is one of my favorite pictures ever!!!
After Thanksgiving I had one week and then I was off to Zurich. Remind you that before I left for Zurich, Gabe and I had not packed 1 thing...we were in denial! I left for Zurich on December 3...and we were moving on December 28...

More on Zurich to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment