Friday, July 1, 2011

Gabe's TriPathalon

Gabe decided that he wanted to do a mini-triathlon this year and the one he found was on Mother's Day! It was actually something that I wanted to do for myself, but I could never get my act around to training. I would not be ready for the swimming portion at all. Anyway, for those of you that know Gabe, he is good at EVERY SINGLE SPORT....I mean it is really annoying at times. He is good at everything and I think I have only beat him in a card game once. So he signed up to do the race and it gave him 6 weeks to train....did he?? Barely? He maybe swam 4 times in the 6 weeks and never once rode a bike or ran.

It came to the weekend of the race and things had changed for my plan to see him. Remember, Dylan had surgery the Friday before and this day was his worst day yet. Thanks to the BEST sister EVER!!! Landon and I got to see Gabe. Gabe met one of our best friends Jen and they went together. The plan was that Landon and I would park on the top of my mom's street as the bike portion was going to pass right by. Then after he passed on the bike, we would go park and watch him run by. I knew there was no way we would make the swimming and plus there were just too many people. My sister came over, hopped in the bed with D and Landon and I were on the way. He was so incredibly excited to go and find Daddy running his race.

We got to my moms around 8:00 am and I started to get worried that we had missed him because he was #224 and I was seeing numbers 50 and 8 come by and I knew they should have started highest to lowest. This was the first Chaistain Park TriPathalon so there are still some kinks. After waiting about 30 minutes and Tink coming to the top of the street to hang out with us, Landon screams....HERE COMES DADDY!!!! It was so cute.

Luckily I knew he had a white helmet
Waving to Landon
And then he was gone

It was super quick and then he was gone...His Godmother, Jen, however, stopped at the car to give Landon a big high five an to say hello. She has the cutest helmet you had ever seen with cat ears on top...no postings allowed though :)

After we saw Jen, we drove down and parked and within a few minutes Gabe had already run almost the entire loop and we caught him right at the end! It is really quite disgusting how athletic he is!

Getting ready to give Landon a high five
Landon was ready and waiting
And then he was off again!!!
He did so well and Landon was so proud of his Daddy and told everyone that day that his daddy ran the best race ever!!! Good job Gabe!

No comments:

Post a Comment