Thursday, July 21, 2011

Landon learns to swim

So for those of you that know Landon, he is a bit cautious....He likes to see what others are doing and if they like it and are having fun, then he will do it.  Well not when it came to swimming.  Landon HATED to swim....I could not get him near a swimming pool and if I did, he would get so incredibly upset.  All he wanted to do was be near the baby pool.  So this year I was determined to get him some great swimming lessons and he was going to be more comfortable near the pool.  Thank goodness for The Day School moms who all have older kids and are full of great advice.  One mom gave me a name and this woman and she is a miracle worker...and she has the patience of a flipping saint...she has 4 kids of her own under the age of 6 I think, teaches swimming and Zumba and manages to have a life in between..not sure how she does it, but remarkable nonetheless :)

Anyway, she had specific rules...first few lessons, there are NO PARENTS allowed. I was to drop him off and go.  It was a lesson every day for 5 days and then again the next week for 5 more straight days.  The first day was pretty bad.  He cried and screamed and thank God she didn't drown him for screaming in her face the whole time...but by the next day he was doing better and by the end of the first week, he was jumping in and having a blast.

Here he is at the end of the week!

On your mark...

Get set....

GO!!!!

Swimming to her

We are members of a neighborhood pool and we are going to try and spend a lot more time at my parents  beach house now that it has been renovated, so swimming is a must.  Now every time we go to the pool, he jumps right in and now it is him kicking and screaming when it is time to get out!


I was a bit skeptical of the lessons at first as we did tons last year and they didn't really help, but here is the actual end proof....GO LANDON!!!


Amazing to me how fast my baby is growing up!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment