Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Circus and our favorite word...NO!

So I have been meaning to get back on here for over a week now, but I have just been to tired from work to even try to make a complete sentence...Like I said in the beginning...my life is not the exciting, so I hope I don't bore you to death!

We have been our usual busy selves ever since my last post. I have been working way too much and trying to do too much, but in the end I wouldn't have it any other way. Gabe has been busy with work and working on his next steps with AutoZone. I feel like sometimes we are two ships that cross in the night. We get home, spend time with the boys, maybe try and watch one show, and then fall asleep to do it all over again until the weekend comes around. On the weekends, we try and have lots of fun since we are such duds during the week!

Last weekend, we took the boys to the circus. We went downtown on Marta, which Landon LOVED!!! He has been asking to ride it ever since. The ride down was fine. However, after 2 hours of the circus, switching trains twice, and trying to keep super active little boys from getting too close to the edge...we were exhausted! Nonetheless, the circus was great!!! Landon and Dylan both loved it...Landon keeps asking when he can go back...like it is going to the zoo or aquarium (which he does every week). He keeps telling everyone that the elephant had a hat on his head...oh the little things in life that make kids happy!!  Dylan asked for the elephants the entire show....He was so tired but stayed awake just for the elephants...I was just happy to hear him try and say elephant :) (For those that don't know, Dylan has been diagnosed with a severe speech delay, but with weekly therapy, it is getting so much better!)

At the circus

Speaking of Dylan...another word that he has mastered is NO...You can ask him anything and the answer is no...Dylan, do you want to take a bath? NO...Do you want a cookie? NO...Do you want lots of presents for your birthday? NO....Do you want a million dollars? NO.....obviously, he needs to learn yes. I got him on video talking to Gabe while being asked our favorite questions...You can see at the end he is tired of being drilled as he gives Gabe a nice smack! Guess he told us....





Until next time!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun outing to the circus and hooray for Dylan trying to say Elephant...that's a hard word for anyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What did the five finger introduction say to the face???? Slap! Dylan has learned to defend himself against big brother with the "sucker punch and run technique"....well, he took me for half of that technique, not filmed was the full nelson submission hold the big bull (me) administered flawlessly!

    ReplyDelete